FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Sip-N-Cycle Cruises?
Sip-N-Cycle Cruises specializes in pedal-powered CycleBoat tours. We are owned and operated by USCG Licensed Captains. CycleBoat tours are our specialty and all we do! You can assure that you (your group) will have a safe and enjoyable time on the water!
The Cycleboat is a 31-foot-long catamaran, which is propelled through the water by a large rear paddle wheel which is powered by the pedaling of our riders! We can accommodate up to 16 guests (10 at pedal stations surrounding a central mahogany bar and 6 others on comfortable bench seating) and embark on daily cruises.
How do I book a tour?
You can book right here on our website by clicking the "Book A Tour" tab on top our homepage. For any questions please contact us.
Whether you’re purchasing individual tickets or reserving the entire vessel for your group, booking your cruise is as easy.
- Go to our booking page and select your date/time.
- Choose either a full boat rental or individual tickets and checkout with a credit card using our 2048-bit encrypted payment platform.
- Read and electronically sign your waiver.
Where do we board?
We have two pickup locations!
- Pop's Sunset Grill 112 Circuit Road Nokomis, FL 34275.
- Bayfront Excursions 8865 Midnight Pass Rd, Siesta Key, FL 34242. We suggest parking across the street at the Turtle Beach Public Beach Access. Parking is free, and available from 6am to Midnight. Please note, this area is monitored and regulated by Sarasota County. Please obey app posted rules and signage.
Can we drink aboard the Sip-N-Cycle?
We suggest that each guest bring 36oz of beer or 18oz of wine. So three 12oz beers or a 6-pack of beer to share between two guests, or a bottle of wine to share between two guests. Beverages are available for purchase at Pop's Sunset Grill and Bayfront Excursions prior to departure.
Please bring canned beer, as anything in a glass container will need to be poured into a plastic cup (plastic souvenir cups are available for purchase aboard the cruise prior to departure).
Do I need to bring ice or a cooler?
Our boat has 2 large coolers built right into the bar that come fully stocked with ice for your cruise.
Is it difficult to pedal?
Not at all. There are no hills to go up out on the water, and we can raise or lower the paddle wheel to reduce or increase resistance.
How many people can ride the CycleBoat?
Sip-N-Cycle Cruises can safely accommodate up to 16 passengers per cruise, with a maximum weight capacity of 2,960 pounds. Seating includes 10 pedal stations surrounding the central bar and a comfortable bench for 6 non-peddlers to enjoy the ride.
Do you provide the driver?
Yes. All Sip-N-Cycle Cruises captains are US Coast Guard certified for small passenger vessel operation.
Is there a bathroom on board?
Sip-N-Cycle Cruises does not have a bathroom on board, but we stop halfway through your cruise for a bathroom break.
Does Sip-N-Cycle Cruises do private parties?
Absolutely! We take pride in tailoring every private event! Whether you’re bringing your birthday/bachelor/bachelorette party or looking for a unique brand of corporate team building, be sure to let us know. Full boat rentals are available at a discount to cater your party’s specific needs. Please contact us for any questions or to set up a private event.
What if it is raining or windy the day of my cruise?
Sip-N-Cycle Cruises will sail rain or shine, thanks to a collapsible canopy that covers the entire deck.
In the case of extreme weather (if thunder, lightning or heavy winds are present) the captain reserves the right to cancel the tour and will provide each passenger with a rain check for a future cruise at time of departure.
What is your cancelation policy?
Our standard cancellation policy is as follows:
- Once tickets for a cruise are purchased it is non-refundable. You have the flexibility of switching your tour to another time and day for a whole year!
- In the event that extreme weather causes the captain to cancel a tour, all passengers will be provided with a rain check.
Can I leave a tip for the crew?
If you had a great experience and our crew added to your enjoyment, please feel free to show your appreciation with a tip.
If you have any further questions, please click here to contact us.